Many thanks to Logic a British manufacturing company with two UK bases that specialise in the design and manufacture of equipment and accessories for ATV, UTV and Quad Bikes,
for facilitating this camera's location. The Tyne River holds a well-deserved reputation as the finest salmon river in England and Wales. This acknowledgment is supported by the Environment Agency's catch returns and fish counts obtained from the Riding Mill station, which consistently show salmon entering the river system throughout the year. Located in North East England, the Tyne River is formed through the confluence of two rivers: the North Tyne and the South Tyne. These two tributaries merge at Warden Rock near Hexham in Northumberland, a location often referred to as 'The Meeting of the Waters.' The origins of the name 'Tyne' remain uncertain, and it was not known by that designation until the Saxon period. Tynemouth is recorded in Anglo-Saxon as Tinanmuoe, likely in the dative case. A theory suggests that 'T?n' might have been a word denoting 'river' in the local Celtic language or in a language spoken in England prior to the arrival of the Celts, drawing a comparison with Tardebigge.Hexham Bridge, a road bridge in Northumberland, England, serves as a vital link between Hexham and the North Tyne valley. Situated north of the town of Hexham, it provides primary access to the A69 bypass. Historically, the Tyne River was crossed by two ferries known as the east and west boats (Warden Bridge). However, due to persistent demands, the construction of a bridge commenced in 1767 and reached completion in 1770. This first bridge, known as Hexham Old Bridge, was built by Mr. Galt and featured seven arches. Unfortunately, less than a year later, it succumbed to the devastating Tyne flood of 1771, which also claimed the destruction of eight other bridges, including those in Hexham. In 1774, a second attempt was made to build a bridge 50 yards (46 m) westward under the guidance of Mr. Wooler, an engineer involved in the construction of the new Newcastle bridge. However, the discovery of a quicksand-like soil beneath the gravel led to the abandonment of the project. The present-day Hexham Bridge, designed by the renowned engineer John Smeaton, was then commissioned by the authorities. The contract was awarded to Henry Errington of Sandhoe for the sum of £4,700, and construction commenced in 1777. Although the partially completed piers were washed away the following year, work persevered, and the new bridge opened to traffic in 1780 (some sources indicate 1781). Tragically, on March 10, 1782, heavy snowfall was followed by a violent hurricane, resulting in the inundation of the north and south Tyne valleys and the complete overturning of the nine arches of the bridge. These remnants can still be observed today, serving as a sort of weir. The renowned architect and engineer Robert Mylne was called upon to assess the feasibility of rebuilding Smeaton's bridge. Eventually, he was awarded the contract to construct a fourth bridge, which was completed in 1793. This bridge now holds the distinction of being a Grade II* listed building by Historic England.