Many thanks to East Braes House for facilitating this camera's location and to Tweed Rivers Fisheries Association for capitally funding its installation. The River Tweed, also known as Tweed Water (Abhainn Thuaidh in Scottish Gaelic), spans a length of 97 miles and primarily flows through the Borders region of Great Britain. Its source, Tweed's Well, is located in Tweedsmuir, near the origins of the Clyde and Annan rivers which drain northwest and south respectively. The saying "Annan, Tweed and Clyde rise oot the ae hillside" reflects their close proximity. Coldstream, a small town in the Borders district of Scotland, lies on the north bank of the River Tweed in Berwickshire, while the south bank borders Northumberland in England. It is notable as the site of Edward I of England's invasion of Scotland in 1296 and home to the Coldstream Guards, a regiment in the British Army.During the 18th and 19th centuries, Coldstream gained popularity as a destination for eloping couples seeking runaway marriages, similarly to Gretna Green, due to its location on the major road known today as the A697. The Ba Green, a small riverside meadow of approximately 2 to 3 acres, holds significance as the border between Scotland and England runs down the middle of the River Tweed. However, between the villages of Wark and Cornhill, the Scottish border comes south of the river, enclosing the Ba Green. According to local tradition, the men of Coldstream would annually compete in a game of "ba" against the men of Wark, with the winning side claiming the Ba Green for their country. As Coldstream's population surpassed that of Wark, the men of Coldstream consistently emerged victorious, resulting in the land becoming permanently part of Scotland.Coldstream has witnessed significant historical events. In February 1316, during the Wars of Scottish Independence, Sir James Douglas defeated a larger force led by Edmond de Caillou at Skaithmuir, north of the town. In 1650, General George Monck founded the Coldstream Guards regiment, a part of the Guards Division and the Foot Guards regiments of the British Army. This regiment, tracing its lineage to the New Model Army, played a crucial role in escorting King Charles II to London, contributing to the Restoration.Notable structures in Coldstream include the Marriage House, where weddings were conducted, The Hirsel (the ancestral seat of the Earls of Home), and the Coldstream Town Hall, which serves as a library and registration office. Each year, during the first week of August, the town hosts a traditional "Civic Week" featuring historical aspects of its history, such as the Torchlight procession and horse-rides to the Battle of Flodden battlefield. The Farson streaming webcam is positioned at the Coldstream Bridge to monitor river levels for salmon fishermen and potential flooding.The Coldstream Bridge, designed by architect John Smeaton, known for the third Eddystone Lighthouse, was constructed between July 1763 and October 1766 under the supervision of the Tweed Bridges Trust. The construction cost £6,000, which was covered by government grants, local subscriptions, and loans from banks in Edinburgh. The tolls collected were intended to repay the loans. Over time, the bridge underwent modifications and reinforcement work to ensure stability and accommodate increased traffic. A plaque on the bridge commemorates the visit of poet Robert Burns to Coldstream in 1787. The toll house on the Scottish side of the bridge, known as the "Wedding House" or "Marriage House," gained notoriety for hosting runaway marriages like Gretna Green. The bridge ceased functioning as a toll bridge in 1826.