Livingston

View archive gallery
Square tr
Square tr
Square tr
Square tr
Square tr
Square tr
Square tr

Local Sponsors

More information

Many thanks to Memsstar Ltd for facilitating this camera's location and to The Forth Rivers Trust & West Lothian Council for capitally funding this camera. Kirkton weir was built to supply water to the mill ponds at Livingston mill, now part of the Almond Valley Heritage Centre. Originally, the mill was used for grinding oats and corn while a smaller waterwheel, built in 1880, powered a butter churn.The mill stopped operating in the 1940s. The weir is a two-metre-high structure and a considerable barrier to fish migration. The construction of the new larinier fish pass, completed in 2018 as part of the Almond barriers project, will allow trout and salmon to access spawning grounds further upstream.  Click here to find out more about the Almond barriers project and the wider RiverLife: Almond & Avon project.