The Somerset Frome spans a distance of approximately 21 miles. Its source can be found near Bungalow Farm, Cannwood. As it makes its way towards Witham Priory, covering a distance of around 2.25 miles, the river is joined by additional head streams from the southwest, flowing through the valley between Wanstrow and Upton Noble, as well as from the southeast, originating from Witham Park.From Witham Friary, the river follows a north-easterly path, passing near Lower Marston. At this point, streams formed in Marston Wood and Little Bradley join the river on its eastern flank, while streams formed around Trudoxhill join on the western flank. Continuing from Lower Marston, the river proceeds past Blatchbridge and flows through Frome Town. Just north of Frome, near Spring Gardens, it merges with the Mells River. Continuing its journey in a north-easterly direction, it passes Oldford and Beckington, and just south of Rode, it is joined by the Henhambridge Brook. The river then passes to the east of Rode and flows through Tellisford. It maintains a general northerly course, passing Farliegh Hungerford and meandering around Westwood, until it ultimately meets the River Avon at Freshford.
This camera was installed and is maintained by the Environment Agency and can be viewed here
. All content is available under the Open Government Licence v3.0.
Tellisford, situated 6 miles northeast of Frome in the Mendip district of Somerset, is a village and civil parish. The parish includes the village of Woolverton. Historically, the village was known as Tefleford in 1001 and Tablesford in 1086, signifying "Theabul's ford" or "ford at a flat place." The parish of Woolverton was part of the hundred of Frome, while Tellisford belonged to the Wellow Hundred. In the early 15th century, the manor came under the ownership of the Hungerfords of Farleigh Hungerford, who utilized the fulling mill to support their chantry chapel. The cloth-making industry persisted until 1912. The village experienced significant damage due to a severe fire in 1785. Tellisford is recognized as one of the Thankful Villages that did not lose any men in World War I, and it also remained fortunate in not losing any men in World War II.